Tuesday, April 17, 2012

April Foolery

Wow, it's like March didn't even happen! That's not true. A lot happened in March. I've just been bad at keeping track of it all. So, I figured a whirlwind update was in order just to catch up on some thing before I ended up two months without a single update. And since pictures are worth a thousand words I'll just go with those.


The night after Rufus had his little fit over my giving him the pill he was back to his old self again. Here he is claiming my pillow. For context I had been about to go to sleep on that very pillow when he woke my up by trying to sit on my face. When I sat up to give him a finger wagging he immediately lay down and claimed the spot for his own. I took the picture as evidence of his jerk behavior.

Oh, and as you can see, shortly after I moaned about needing a bookshelf I got myself a bookshelf. It's over capacity already.


March was a combination of dreary, almost good weather punctuated by moments of niceness. This pile of snow is about a story high, as you can see from the parking structure next to it, and was about two weeks old already when I took the picture. I was not happy with this.

But now the sun is out more often than not, the trees are making love all over my car, and the robins are hopping about and glaring in their robin way, so I guess it's spring. The tornado warning we had last week is another indication that the season is changing. All we ended up getting is hail and high winds, but tornadoes still scare the crap out of me.


For Easter my roommate made an amazing meal of ham, potatoes, and an apple crumble thing, all of which lasted a week (the ham is still being picked at). This is not that meal obviously. This is a meal from the Ikea Easter event, which is basically salmon, salmon, and more salmon. I never thought I'd say this but I really like Ikea's food, and having a Smörgåsbord was a lot of fun.


The Ikea folk provided a little gift bag along with our dinners, which included a delicious bar of chocolate and a bib saying "I drool for Swedish meatballs." Since the bib didn't fit us and we don't have a baby we had to conscript Rufus to model it. Here he is being shy and/or perturbed.


No comments: