Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Book a Week Resolution

My New Year's Resolution for the past three or so years has been to read at least a book a week. For two I managed to accomplish just that. My year in Japan threw a wrench in those plans, as I only realized that the campus library had a collection of English language books late in the semester, and even then, I was having a hard time simply doing the minimum of my classwork. For 2008 I ended up short by 20 books. Considering that a book a week makes only 52 books, this is not a good record at all.

But I'm right on track for 2009. So far I've read three, books, Deryni Checkmate, A Robot Anthology, and Nickel and Dimed. I enjoyed all three.

Next up is Ficciones by Borges. As it is the first required text for my Philosophy in Lit class, I may be cheating a little, but it's a worthy book in its own right and worth reading. Plus, its relatively short.

No comments: