Sunday, March 14, 2010

I have mentioned before to my mother that the headlines on the BBC RSS are their own special sort of crazy, and today a perfect example came up. "Missing woman police target clubs." That is a noun pile, and has been covered by linguists who know much more about this sort of stuff than I do, but I wanted to point it out because I know you read this mom, and here is what I was talking about. Now here's the question: What would an article with that headline be about?

My second attempt at a permanent break from WoW has been successful so far, but I am still struggling in the resulting time vacuum. I installed Ubuntu on the laptop and have not been able to find anything scratch my gaming itch so far. Civ IV steam edition doesn't work. My Sims 2 ISOs (don't judge me) were lost, since apparently I did not back them up. While I have been reading more, I still lack the proper attention span to read at length. I've starting writing more, but again, I've noticed that my ability to concentrate is nothing like it used to be.

Here's an interesting book tidbit from another excellent Book Blog. The author of Bambi also wrote a well known German book of erotica. The world is wonderful and multifaceted.

This site is an oldie but goody, and with my ample free time I've been feeding in random lines and enjoying the results of the translation. Movie and book quotes are perfect fodder.

No comments: