Saturday, November 7, 2009

Movement

Things are looking up for me, maybe.

I was offered a job in Arkansas, but because it was minimum wage and in Arkansas I decided to decline. I'm in the process of being screened for the exact same job an hours drive away but don't know if I'm going to accept that one either. Location is pretty big for me.

I have an interview with another company, one that might pay me like I have a BA, this Monday. The only problem with that one is that they want a fluent Japanese speaker and I have not been a fluent Japanese speaker for almost three years now. I've been hitting the books to keep from making a total fool of myself.

This morning I finally got off my ass and trolled around the various garage sales in the area looking for resellable books. The idea is that I might be able to make a small bit of income from dealing in used book of a focused genre, most probably fantasy/sci-fi and travel/language books. I spent the better half of today figuring out Amazon and eBay, and if this first haul turns a profit, I may serious consider devoting my time to acquiring stock and setting up an online store.

My Nano is lagging, but it has started, and I plan on finishing.

Since coming back from Florida I has spent a minimum of time on WoW, and am hoping for that trend to continue. I think I'm comfortably at a point now where I can do a few dailies, raid, vend, and log out without hours and hours of badge farming or whatever. That means more time to reaquaint myself with coding, writing, etc. Good deal.

I am struggling through Frank Norris' The Octopus. Damn thing is so wordy. And I have 3 or 4 books that I still need to review and note as finished. 52 books this year is probably impossible now. I'm at something like 20.

No comments: