Sunday, October 3, 2010

This week has been a bit of a roller coaster. I think I am going through the phases of grief in terms of my job search. I was firmly in the Anger zone on Friday, and am anticipating a long stay in Depression land, but am doing my damnedest to ward off the mental and physical stagnation that this usually brings on. Having so much that simply needs to get done helps, but my meals have been taking a bit of a hit.

This last week I:


  • Spoke to a Chinese teacher and realized I was -really- overreaching, so I'm sticking with Japanese for a bit
  • Attended an amazing concert of Brahm's German Requiem in a beautiful cathedral
  • Ate at a "fast food" Japanese restaurant that almost killed udon for me
  • Restarted an old project (because that's what I do when I'm stressed, start projects) that has nothing to do with anything else I'm doing currently but will be moderately time consuming
  • Submitted more reviews for Tangent Online, which, by the way, has now published everything
  • Started doing research on grants and linguistics, of all things
  • Got furniture for my room, including a dresser, which remains empty as I choose to leave everything strewn across the floor
  • Finished up my first group project of the semester just in time to dive into the second
  • Bought something to transfer my photos onto the computer and realized immediately after that my computer has a SD cardslot compatible with my camera.
    • So, pictures:
      The living room, with Rufus giving the tour in the corner.
      The little dining room right behind it. The roommate I replaced took that table, so now it's just open space.
      The kitchen. You can't see them but some of the things on the fridge are hilarious.
      Lord of the domain, Rufus. 
      Rufus lording over me as I try to do work.
      The catlord is pleased with my obedience. 
      ===
So that's that. A few book/archive related links for today:

  http://stackedup.tv/#read Quick interviews with writers and other bookish creators.

  http://eap.bl.uk/index.a4d The endangered archives program. Some of these projects sound ridiculously awesome. Going through them keeps me focused on gathering up the skills/qualifications to participate in something like this.
      ===
And now I'm finishing up a conference for group project two and have to set up and go to a paper writing group. If I could get a publishable paper out of this semester that would be great, but I really have no idea how to go about it. Hopefully this group will help.

    No comments: