Friday, November 19, 2010

End of Fall Semester

PHEW. Fall semester is over. My last class was last night and I just have a few finishing touches to put on a project before the whole thing is behind me. But somehow, even though I have a two month break ahead of me, I feel like I'm busier than ever. It might be because:
  • I've still got that internship and now I'm volunteering weekly
  • I got a job (FINALLY) at an awesome place but it's 45 minutes away
  • There's a NaNo novel looming over my head
  • And a fantasy world project I committed to that must be finished by December
  • I'm starting to take Chinese lessons
  • It's time to go trolling for scholarships and internships
  • And I have some work to do for the LIS publishing group that I have been putting off with the excuse of "I'll do it when the semester ends."
  • Oh yeah, and two book reviews are over due. =x
So now that the essential schoolwork is out of the way all of the little stuff is bubbling to the surface. 

The last few weeks have been a little hairy. I continue to ignore my limits and attempt to take on much more than is humanly possible to fit into a 24 hour day, and the result was a few papers typed out franticly that barely made it to the deadline. Luckily, I also have a habit of researching deeply and throughout the semester, so I already had all of the information I needed, but had to scramble to organize it properly.

When I submitted my paper I was very disappointed with it. I realized early on that my intended paper would have to be 30 pages or so to fill it with the information I gathered, but the assignment called for 10. I cheated and made it 14, simply because I didn't have the time to streamline it any more than that, and submitted it with a wince. 

I just got the results back and apparently my professor was impressed, because I got 35 out of 30 possible points and was told to seek publication. My face as I read that e-mail probably looked something like this:
 

Definitely a happy surprise.

No comments: