Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Inception

I have been on an Inception binge lately. Because I've had the soundtrack on infinite loop and have been scrounging around for clips and screenshots, I inevitably checked to see if there was any theater still showing it. Apparently it's running in dollar theaters now (Which are now $2.50 theaters, but still) so for a study break I drove down and watched again. 

A second viewing confirms my initial impression of Inception. It's a great movie, and all the details are all fucked up. The great thing about it is that it doesn't matter that a few moments of objective questioning will point out hundreds of places where the movie defied its own logic. The logic was not the important part of the movie. The story was. And the story was why the Inception was so good. It was psychologically driven, where every scene had a storytelling purpose, even if it didn't all mesh into a cohesive 'universe'. When I watch, there's a part of me that's going, "Wait a second..." but it's drowned out by the part that REALLY wants to know what's going to happen next, even though I've seen it before.

And of course there's also the part about it being fucking sharp style wise.

Inception star Joseph Gordon Levitt
Inception: Badass men doing badass things in badass ways.

$2.50 well spent. Inception will probably be the next movie I buy, which is saying something, since I rarely buy movies. I think Shoot 'em Up was the last one I picked up, which was almost three years ago, and before that was Rajio no Jikan, which I bought in 2004. So yeah.

No comments: