Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Chugging along

I feel as if I haven't played a computer game in ages. There's a Oregon Trail tribute game online I've been using to let off steam between applications as I spend my days looking for work and writing reviews (4 in two days. That was pushing it.) But other than that I haven't had the time for much leisure. Austin's mom took us out to the movies two days ago, where we saw the Expendables. It was a perfectly straightforward action movie that probably would have been ten times more awesome had the director given us a few straight shots of the action. Also, Jet Li got a terrible part. But overall the carnage was satisfying, and the plot just there enough to keep it all together.

It appears that I have a place in Englewood. I am knocking on wood until a lease is actually drawn up, but unless my possible roommate completely changes her mind, everything is good to go. School is likewise in set it and forget it mode. I -still- have to register, but it seems that I will be able to register for 7PM classes almost exclusively, which keeps my job options at maximum. Again, knocking on wood.

What I would really like to find would be a job with a publisher or a library, but beggars can't be choosers in this economy. As long as I can stand it (and I can stand a lot) and maybe even learn a little while on the job, I will be happy. And of course it would be nice to end up with a salary that will actually let me pay my bills.

Amongst this all I have not read a page of my book since I set off. The Shouwa emperor is just going to have to wait.

No comments: