Sunday, September 26, 2010

MAN am I out of shape. Fidez' grandparents, being the amazingly generous people they are, 'lent' me a mountain bike so that that my commute would not be 30 minutes on foot anymore. After spending nearly as much on a lock and helmet as I would have spent on a night parking pass, I set out on this bike and was quickly reminded that I have not exerted myself physically in any form for a very long time. My legs were not happy with me, but I was happy with the bike so they can fall off and die. I also realized, as I was biking, that the handles were not in alignment with the wheel and the seat was not in alignment with anything. Those were both easy fixes, but they were also things it would have been nice to notice before I started peddling. At least I had the good sense to test my breaks -before- they were needed.

===

Here's a project to watch: http://www.thismustbetheplace.tv/

The first film is great. I really hope they upload more.

===

I don't know why but I find that it's much more satisfying to work behind the scenes at an event than it is to simply attend something. I always get bored just 'attending', but when I'm given a job to do, even if it inhibits my freedom to enjoy all that an event may provide, I'm always so much more satisfied when I'm done. Maybe I should go into event managing. Career change!

Nah, volunteering is one thing, running the show is another.

Anyway, I will be attending the Colorado Association of Libraries Conference as a volunteer. I'm not signing up to attend any of the big events, which I don't usually enjoy, and instead will be running errands for three days.

===

I'm curious about how blogger decides what blogs to associate with mine. When I hit the next blog link, which I do often, I constantly end up on blogs about either alternate education or Christian homemakers. While I have nothing against elementary education or Christian homemakers, I can't say this blog is about either. Maybe I'll have to go through some of the nuts and bolts and figure out what's doing this.

On a similar note, I am heavily considering investing in a domain and some virtual server or something somewhere and rekindling a website. It might make sense professionally, and it never hurts to update old skills either. The question is when I will find the time.

===

I continue to bleed money with association memberships and household necessities and a rather contorted job situation that's starting to annoy me, but my solution has been to start applying full tilt again. I have a minor advantage now too, because I have access to more trade information and have discovered a number of library based job leads.

I also think my right wrist is starting to develop carpal tunnel, so with a six page paper due Monday, and two other projects due Thurs, this week might be a bit of a challenge.

No comments: