Sunday, September 5, 2010

Saturday was break day. Instead of sending in a ton of resumes I went out with Fides, his mom and her boyfriend to check out the King Tut Exhibit. While the exhibit was certainly interesting, I suppose I've been spoiled by the Louvre and did not think that the additional admission fee was quite worth it. My childhood fascination with the Egyptians was rekindled to some degree, and I can't say I've ever seen anything that belonged to King Tut's grave before, so that was a treat. And Fides shared with me the fact that this would be his first museum visit ever. The very idea stunned me, and it stunned Aram when he found out too. Twenty three years and not a single museum! I'll be dragging Fides around to more of them in the future, for sure.

Once we had gotten a museum education in Egyptology and boggled at the $46k coffee table book on sale at the gift shop (I don't care if Zahi Hawass -had- signed it) Fides and I checked out the Taste of Colorado festival going on right across the street. The food there is beyond expensive at two times a reasonable price at least, but I decided to splurge and try a Buffalo Steak Slider. It didn't taste much different from beef. Oh well.

I would have liked to check out the vendors a bit more, but the sun was on a mission to set us on fire and poor Fides was drooping fast, so we got in the car, got lost, and made it back home in time to play some Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines for a few hours. It's been a while since I've enjoyed myself with a single player game so much, and the great part is that when I finish with my Nosferatu I'm replaying as a different clan for a very different play experience. I'm thinking Toreador. Can't get much opposite than that.

Labor Day weekend for me has meant job applications. Bro called during the Feast and let me in on the festivities via staticy cell reception. I had forgotten it was feast day. Felt a bit bad about that, but the gesture was appreciated.

Now I'm worried about whether or not it will be feasible to go home for the Christmas holiday. It will depend on the job I get. I'd be willing to fly out for just a few days if that's what it took, but there's no use speculating.

Applying to an average of 10 jobs a day maaay be paying off. I finally have a reply. There is no guarantee that a callback means a job, but the position looks like a great one, and just the prospect of having work is catapulting my spirits. Here's hoping.

No comments: